PROVIDING TRAINING AND SUPPORT SINCE 1991
MEET THE T.E.A.M.
TEAM was first established in 1991, with the purpose of giving learning opportunities to the young people of Sunderland. Over the years, our focus has widened, and we now work with individuals and organisations throughout the country.
OUR COMPANY AIMS
- To provide accessible training and education to individuals and organisations.
- To inspire individuals to reach their potential and realise their ambitions.
- To engage with individuals and businesses, enhancing the skills and knowledge of existing staff and the development of young people.
We offer a wide range of support for employed and unemployed people of all ages. Our services include:
- Traineeships. Our Traineeships are designed for 16-24 year olds who would like to gain employability skills with the aim of progressing to full or part time employment or an Apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeships. We support employers to find Apprentices of all ages, as well as train and up-skill existing workforces.
- Bespoke Training. We can work with you and analyse the training needs of your business and deliver a package of training that is right for your business and your employees.
SECTORS WE SPECIALISE IN
Health and Social Care
Hospitality and Catering
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Business Administration, Customer Service, ICT
Waste & Recycling
Cleaning and Support Services
Leadership and Management
Teaching and Learning
Retail and Warehousing
The concept for a training-based charity was originally presented as a cooperative approach to special training needs. A group was established, consisting of local businesses, the local authority, Sunderland City TEC, the Chamber of Commerce and two local schools; Felstead (now Castlegreen Community School) and Springwell Dene.
What started as a pilot project soon became a fully-fledged training organisation with its own identity. As a result, TEAM Wearside was established. Vaux Breweries were highly instrumental in helping the charity get underway, offering 20 training places in 1991.
In the years that followed, we won many awards for our services, including four National Training Awards, and the Secretary of State’s Award for Special Training Needs.
We’re proud to say that we now provide tailored training for over 600 learners throughout England.
The Government Apprenticeship reforms will shape and evolve the training industry. Building even stronger partnerships with organisations and businesses is a key priority for Team. With the history we have behind us and the innovative and flexible way in which we are able to change and mould what we do stands us in good stead for the future.
FIND OUT MORE
TEAM (Training, Education, Achievement and Motivation) Wearside Ltd is a Sunderland based Training Provider Charity. Since its establishment in 1991 TEAM Wearside has offered training and support to a range of individuals and businesses across the North East.
From the inception of TEAM Wearside the core charity ethos has been to support people to develop and reach their potential. Initially the focus was on supporting the unemployed client group, however, over the years the expertise at TEAM Wearside has developed to such an extent that a range of target groups are now supported.
GET IN TOUCH
30 Norfolk Street
SR1 1EE, UK